Hapstone R2 BLACK Knife Sharpener
- Brand: Hapstone (Made in Ukraine)
- Product Code: HAPSTONE-R2-BLACK 2-BAREBONE
- Availability: In Stock
Hapstone R2 Knife Sharpener is the new knife sharpener from Hapstone, supplier of successful Hapstone R1. Hapstone R2 on par with Hapstone V8 and Hapstone M3 is part of the Hapstone Modular Platform, innovative technology to let customers configure and upgrade the sharpening system with no limitations. Hapstone R2 is kitted with the cutting-edge rotating clamp module and delivers the ultimate combination of high precision, rich features, and scalability to knife sharpening enthusiasts.
Edition of Hapstone R2 is the first knife sharpener featuring four clamps. Asymmetric angled universal clamps utilize flexible flat spring and spacer screws to secure knives of any shape including a full flat grind.
Hapstone R2 Kits
- The vertical and horizontal rod
- Fine-Tuning adapter for Hapstone M2, M3, R1, R2, V5, V6, V8
- Linear ball-bearing pivot unit for Hapstone
- Rotating clamp module for Hapstone
- Spring-assisted stopper ring(2 pcs.)
- Whole milled angled (fillet) clamps Hapstone (2 pcs.)
- Universal angle clamps Hapstone (2 pcs.)
BLACK Edition of Hapstone R2 includes:
BLACK Edition of Hapstone R2 includes:
Hapstone Modular Platform
- Hapstone Modular Platform and all modules can be purchased separately
- The base with the pedestal stand for modules
- Pivot unit with the full 360° rotation and parking hook for the guide rod
- Linear ball-bearing provides smooth guide rod movement and requires no lubrication or cleaning in heavy-duty usage
- Auto-adjustable universal stone holder with built-in digital angle gauge holder
- Suitable for sharpening stones up to 6 inches (160 mm) including Edge Pro and KME formats
- Light-alloy horizontal shaft for better pressure control during the sharpening process
- Wooden handle to make time-consuming work a little easier
- Rubber coated supporting legs that can be used on any surface
- Available now: Rotating Clamp Module (Hapstone R2)
- Available now: Extendable Table Module (Hapstone V8)
- Available now: Small Table Module (Hapstone M3)
- Available now: Scissors Module
- Rotating clamp module with the crossbar for multiple clamps
- Adjustable flipping strength
- Any sharpening angle in a range from 8° to 40° degrees (*)
- Max blade length 12" (300 mm), max thickness 1/4" (8 mm).
- Available now: Angled Universal Clamps (R2 Standard and R2 BLACK)
- Available now: Y-shaped Central Clamps (R2 Classic)
- Available now: Straight Side Clamps (R2 Classic)
- Available now: Short Lite Clamps (R2 Lite)
You can purchase the sharpener in a bundle with one of our stone sets. Each of the recommended stone bundles includes stones with evenly incremented grit (grain size). You can check our recommendation, depending on the steel hardness of your knives.
If you already have a collection of sharpening stones, or if you plan to purchase stones of your choice, choose the Barebone kit with no stones.
- Boride 150
- Boride 220
- Boride 400
- Boride 800
- Boride 1200
Hard bonding aluminum oxide stone set for experienced users. For all steels. Can be used with water or oil.
- Silicon Carbide 120
- Silicon Carbide 240
- Silicon Carbide 600
- Silicon Carbide 1000
- Silicon Carbide 2500
Silicon Carbide Sharpening Stones are used for sharpening knives using Hapstone sharpeners. The stones are made of silicon carbide and are designed for the hardest steels (up to 65 HRC).
- Aluminum Oxide 120
- Aluminum Oxide 240
- Aluminum Oxide 600
- Aluminum Oxide 1000
- Aluminum Oxide 2500
Aluminum Oxide Sharpening Stones are used for sharpening knives using Hapstone knife sharpeners. The stones are made of aluminum oxide and are designed for soft or medium steel (up to 59 HRC).
- Edge Pro 80
- Edge Pro 250
- Edge Pro 650
- Edge Pro 1100
- Edge Pro 2300
- Edge Pro 4000
Premium resin-bonded diamond set. All diamonds are mounted on aluminum blanks and are easy to use. To be used with water.
- Venev Orion 80
- Venev Orion 150
- Venev Orion 240
- Venev Orion 400
- Venev Orion 800
- Venev Orion 1200
Orion series consists of a 3 mm-thick diamond-bearing plate on an aluminum base. The diamond-bearing plate contains evenly distributed diamond grains with resin bonding. The manufacture of bonded diamonds is more complex than for coated diamonds. Bonded diamonds provide better feedback and give the sharpening stone a much longer lifespan.
- F100 + F240 100%
- F400 + F800 OCB 100%
- F1200 OCB + F2000 OCB 100%
Venev Centaur High Series Dual Side Diamonds are used for sharpening knives on Hapstone knife sharpeners, as well as freehand sharpening. Diamond sharpening stones offer excellent performance in sharpening knives of any steel.
We provides the 5-year warranty on Hapstone R2 knife sharpeners. You can be sure of the reliability of the devices and support from the manufacturer for the entire period of use.
Why new Hapstone sharpeners don't support 8" sharpening stones?
Haptone has 8" stones support since the first version of Hapstone PRO. The best stone form-factor today is 6" All new knife sharpeners must support it. 8" stones support is declared useless and economically unreasonable.
I want to use my 8" bench stones. I will buy a sharpener with 8" stone support.
You will not use 8" bench stones even if your sharpener supports 8" stones. Bench stones are too heavy and obstruct visibility.
Hapstone R2 is smaller than Hapstone R1. Does it mean R1 is better?
Hapstone R2 becomes smaller for one reason - 8" stone support has been eliminated. The main stone form factor is 6" Edge Pro. Hapstone R2 becomes 2" smaller and lighter.
Hapstone R2 is much cheaper than Hapstone R1. Does it mean R1 is better?
Hapstone R2 is available in 4 different kits in different price ranges. Hapstone R2 Classic is the successor of Hapstone R1